Teaser for “Migraine: A Sex & Gender Case Study”
Migraine is not just a headache, but a complex and debilitating neurological disease. Even though it affects 1 in 7 people worldwide, it is often not recognized as a disease. Individuals suffering from it have to deal with an additional layer of complexity: they often cannot take “sick days” or access proper treatment.
Panel 4 “Migraine: A Sex & Gender Case Study”, sponsored by Eli Lilly, will address the global burden of migraine, its neurological underpinnings, and its socioeconomic aspects as well as the taboo and stigma associated with migraine.
The lineup will be as follows:
- Elena Ruiz de la Torre, European Migraine & Headache Alliance, Executive Director (Introduction)
- Laura Campo, International Corporate Affairs, Pain Platform and Alzheimer’s disease, Eli Lilly and Company, USA (Moderator)
- Patricia Pozo Rosich, Head of the Headache & Craniofacial Pain Unit at the Vall d’Hebron University Hospital and the Quirón Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
- Maria Teresa Ferretti, Chief Scientific Officer, WBP, Switzerland
- Joke Jaarsma, President, European Federation of Neurological Association (EFNA), Netherlands
With speakers with diverse scientific and research backgrounds, perspectives, and opinions, the discussion will range from the importance of investing in research to the role of sex and gender in disease mechanism and symptoms, to policy changes needed for patients
We look forward to sharing research, statistics, personal experiences, and more with you to break the stigma surrounding migraine and join forces to move the needle on this disease.
Curious as to what this session builds on? Read about Panel 3 here. As for what comes next? Read about Day 2 and Panel 5 here (that blog will be published next week, on Monday 27 May 2019).
To see the full program, visit https://www.forum-wbp.com/scientific-program/.
To register to attend the Forum, click here: https://www.forum-wbp.com/register/